As a Financial Services Representative you will focus on developing and deepening client relationships by providing high quality sales and service advice in financial services. You will be responsible for driving sales growth in investments and life insurance through outbound prospecting, new client acquisitions, and adhering to regulatory requirements and compliant sales practices.
What you’re responsible for:
• Contributing to the development and sustainable growth of the agency’s investment assets under management and providing client-centric investment services – including both segregated funds and mutual funds solutions.
• Engaging with prospects to proactively build a sales pipeline and develop marketing plans to promote value-added advice-based financial services.
• Conducting needs analyses, reviewing client financial goals, providing recommendations aligned with Know Your Client requirements, opening new accounts and documenting recommendations and changes.
• Conducting regular reviews of client investment plans and identifying additional asset gathering opportunities.
• Participating in events to create brand awareness and developing, maintaining, and cultivating community contacts that enhance agency visibility and maximize new business opportunities.
What to expect:
• You will travel occasionally and are required to have your own vehicle, valid driver’s license, and insurance.
• Extended work hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Strict confidentiality with respect to client’s medical history, financial status and other personal information.
• You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
• You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and allocate time and resources to effectively manage the sales portfolio.
• You successfully build plans focused on expanding market penetration and apply an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies, with a client centric lens.
• You have strong communication skills to influence or persuade others to adopt a specific course of action and can effectively facilitate mutually beneficial solutions.
• You build trusting relationships and work collaboratively as part of a high-performing team.
• You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions, and proactively propose solutions.
To join our team:
• You have three years of experience in the financial services industry, with experience in investment and life product sales.
• You have a post-secondary degree in a related discipline.
• You hold a Life License and Mutual Funds License.
• You have or are working towards a Financial Planning designation ie. Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), Professional Financial Advisor (PFA).