General Insurance Advisor
Posted On: October 04, 2019
Last Day to Apply: October 25, 2019
Looking to join a great company?
Here is why The Co-operators might be the right fit for you:
* Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
* Opportunities to give back to your community.
* A competitive compensation package and benefits program.
The General Insurance Advisor plays a key role in supporting and developing agency operations through outbound prospecting, client contact and sales activities. This role spcializes in the commercial insurance product. General Insurance Advisors identify prospects in both personal and business markets, determine needs and as a trusted insurance advisor, make informed product recommendations. They may also be involved in the development and growth of personal lines products (home/auto insurance).
What you're responsible for:
- Support development of the agency operation through the sales and profitable growth of personal lines and specialty lines insurance products.
- Proactively complete client reviews, including prospecting and cross selling all lines of business by completing needs analysis for all clients in accordance with the agency Business Plan.
- Complete front-line risk assessment and selection following underwriting guidelines.
- Complete home and commercial inspections as required.
- Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, quality and productivity and contribute to the achievement of overall agency sales and growth goals.
- Develop annual marketing plans outlining strategies and activities to meet goals in each product area of responsibility.
- Support programs to build multi-client relationships.
- Respond to and investigate client questions and concerns, resolve client complaints and escalate issues appropriately.
- Support the agency team in their daily activities.
What to expect:
- You are required to have a valid driver’s license.
- Strict confidentiality with respect to client’s financial status and other personal information.
- This role involves direct contact with clients and/or service providers in their environment.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
- Regular office environment with some evening work required and some travel outside of the office.
To be successful:
- You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and effectively manage your time in the quest of client satisfaction.
- You leverage information about client’s needs and situations to qualify sales opportunities and exhibit strong communication skills that allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You are committed to continuous improvement and building productive client relationships in order to exceed client expectations.
- You’re an effective team player and provide guidance to support the development of your peers.
To join our team:
- General Insurance License(s) is required.
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements.
- A minimum of two (2) years sales experience or related business or marketing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of insurance products and strong underwriting skills is an asset.
- Strong skills in communication (verbal and written), organization, time management, client service, decision making, problem solving.
- Candidate must be comfortable in a technology dependent environment including proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license may be required.
- The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment.