Associate Insurance Advisor III
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Posted On: August 08, 2019
Last Day to Apply: August 30, 2019
The Associate Insurance Advisor III is a key player in the support and development of the agency operation. This role provides inbound sales and service for life and wealth products and utilizes a broad knowledge of The Co-operators personal lines (auto, home) and specialty lines (farm and commercial).
What you’re responsible for:
- Inbound sales, service and profitable growth of Life and Wealth products.
- Sales, service and profitable growth of both personal lines and specialty lines products.
- Advise and recommend coverages and policies that best meet client needs.
- Actively focus on prospecting for all lines of business by identifying and recommending additional products/services that benefit the client.
- Complete front-line risk assessment and selection following underwriting guidelines and complete inspections and re-inspections.
- Achieve individual goals for client service, sales, quality and productivity and contribute to the achievement of overall agency sales and growth goals.
- Respond to client questions and concerns, resolve customer complaints and escalate issues appropriately.
- Proactively complete client reviews on the auto, home, farm and/or commercial portfolio.
What to expect:
- You are required to have a valid driver’s license.
- Strict confidentiality with respect to client’s financial status and other personal information.
- This role involves direct contact with clients and/or service providers in their environment.
- You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.
To be successful:
- You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and effectively manage your time in the quest of client satisfaction.
- You leverage information about client’s needs and situations to qualify sales opportunities and exhibit strong communication skills that allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You are committed to continuous improvement and building productive client relationships in order to exceed client expectations.
- You’re an effective team player and provide guidance to support the development of your peers.
To join our team:
- A minimum of 2 years insurance industry experience including sales experience.
- General Insurance license and Life license is required.
- Meet all provincial-licensing requirements in accordance with continuing education in order to obtain and maintain all licenses.
- Knowledge of insurance products and strong underwriting skills is an asset.
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
- Opportunities to give back to your community.
- A competitive compensation package and benefits program.