Life & Wealth Consultant
Posted On: October 09, 2019
Language: Bilingualism in English and French is an assest.
Our Distribution & Sales Support team aspires to maximize the success of our distribution partners and clients. Our knowledgeable and trusted team deliver essential information and support services, with an emphasis on enhancing performance and guiding professional development. We think strategically to build sales and business leadership skills that enable our partners to achieve excellence. The Life and Wealth Consultant provides advanced education and case consultation on life and investment products. The incumbent works virtually with Field Advisors, and supports the Senior Case Consultants, to obtain life and wealth goals. The Life and Wealth Consultant works (via phone) with advisors to help implement solutions and makes referrals to the Senior Case Consultant if the case requires face-to-face client contact.
What you’re responsible for:
- Conduct investment portfolio analysis and advise on retirement planning, retirement income options, and investment policy .
- Provide analysis and consultation on buy-sell agreements, estate planning, farm estate planning, and business estate planning.
- As subject matter experts (SME), support agency trainers on the National Foundations of Life (NFL) and National Foundations of Wealth (NFW) for new advisors.
- Keep abreast of the competitive market, and products/insurance features of the competition, including: consultation on and awareness of industry trends, legislative changes and their impacts; understanding of products supported – Group Wealth, Individual Wealth and life insurance.
- Provide perspective to field on product needs, and provide technical sales support and training virtually during product launches.
- Understand and consult on processes and procedures for life and wealth cases.
- Liaise with underwriting staff to assist with issuing cases from a financial justification perspective.
- Work with Marketing to build and create quarterly sales themes used to promote sales and sales concepts through virtual sessions.
To be successful:
- You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience, specializing in Life and Wealth.
- Completion of university degree.
- Life License and Mutual Funds license required.
- CFP required; working towards CLU.
- Solid understanding of use of life and wealth planning tools; excellent knowledge of life and wealth topics as they relate to investment options, and transaction completion process.
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
- Flexible work options and paid time off to support your personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
- Paid volunteer days to give back to your community.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits.