As the Life Insurance Specialist, you will focus on developing and deepening client relationships by providing high quality sales and service advice in life and group insurance. You will be responsible to adhere to regulatory requirements and compliant sales practices and will drive sales growth through outbound prospecting and new client acquisitions.
What you’re responsible for:
• Contributing to the development and sustainable growth of life and group insurance portfolios and providing client-centric solutions and services.
• Engaging with prospects to proactively build a sales pipeline and developing marketing plans to promote life and group insurance offerings.
• Conducting needs analyses, reviewing client financial goals, providing education and recommendations in alignment with Know Your Client requirements, selling new policies, and documenting required changes or updates.
• Conducting regular reviews of client insurance plans, responding to client inquiries, and identifying additional sales opportunities.
• Participating in events to create brand awareness and developing, maintaining, and cultivating community contacts to enhance agency visibility and maximize new business opportunities.
To be successful:
• You remain focused and optimistic in the pursuit of a goal, despite barriers, until the objective is achieved and allocate time and resources to effectively manage the sales portfolio.
• You successfully build plans focused on expanding market penetration and apply an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies, with a client centric lens.
• You have strong communication skills to influence or persuade others to adopt a specific course of action and can effectively facilitate mutually beneficial solutions.
To join our team:
• You have 2-3 years of experience in Sales, Business or Marketing, including experience in the financial services industry.
• You have a post-secondary education in a related discipline.
• You hold a Life License.
• You have or are working towards a Financial Planning designation, such as the Certified Financial Planner (CFP), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU), or Professional Financial Advisor (PFA) designation(s).
• Having working knowledge and experience selling life and group insurance products is an asset.
What to expect:
• You are required to have your own vehicle, valid driver’s license, and insurance.
• You will travel regularly.
• Extended work hours, including evenings and weekends will be required.
• Strict confidentiality with respect to client’s medical history, financial status and other personal information.
• You will be subject to a Criminal Record and Consumer History background check as a condition of employment, in the event you are the successful candidate.